Language services

The Western Australian government provides a free interpreting service to international students who need help communicating in English.

If you wish to use an interpreter when you visit a government agency, the agency will try to arrange for an interpreter (in person or by phone) who speaks your language.

Western Australian Interpreter Card

The Western Australian Interpreter Card is an easy way to let a government agency know that you need an interpreter.

The card is free and is available at migrant resource centres, multicultural community service providers, some public hospitals, schools with intensive English centres and some local councils.

To find out more about language support services and the Interpreter Card, visit the Office of Multicultural Interests website or call 9217 1600.

Last modified: 7/02/2014 10:48 AM