Health and medical information

Medical services in Western Australia may be different to those in your home country. The climate may also be very different to what you are used to. It's important for you to know:

Overseas Student Health Cover

One of the student visa requirements is that you must have Overseas Student Health Cover(OSHC) during your stay in Australia. OSHC gives you access to general and in-hospital medical services, and covers some of the costs for most prescription drugs and emergency ambulance transport.

More information about this visa condition and OSHC is available from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship and Department of Health and Ageing.

Last modified: 19/03/2014 3:03 PM