English Language Courses

If you’d like to study English in Perth or regional Western Australia, there are several English language colleges you can choose from. English courses are available at specialised language schools, most universities and some vocational providers.

At most institutions, courses start all throughout the year and can be between four weeks up to a year. If you’re here for 12 weeks or less on a tourist or working holiday visa, you can choose to study part-time or full-time. If your course is longer than 12 weeks, you must study full-time and apply for a student visa. A student visa also allows you to work for up to 20 hours per week during your course, and unlimited hours during course breaks.

Some of the English courses available in Perth and regional Western Australia include:

  • Beginner, intermediate and advanced courses
  • Exam preparation courses (Cambridge, IELTS, TOEIC)
  • English for academic purposes and further education
  • Internship courses

Many institutions offer these facilities and services to students:

  • Homestay and residential accommodation
  • Weekly activities and tours
  • Computing and internet facilities
  • Recreational facilities

Studying English at an English language college in Perth or regional Western Australia provides a great opportunity to improve your language skills, experience the Western Australian lifestyle and culture, and make new friends.


Search for a course

Visit the Perth Education City website.